Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Memo to the ASSC membership

Editor's note: Congrats to Chris on his election! ASSC could not ask for a better president!

MEMO

TO: The membership of the Archaeological Society of South Carolina.

FROM: Christopher Judge, President 2012/2013

RE: The new year and beyond

DATE: February 1, 2012

Greeting members of the ASSC. I am honored to have been nominated and elected to be the President of our ASSC. First let me state that I hope to get a chance to visit all of the Chapters and visit with you in your part of the state. Last year I visited with Hilton Head and Upstate in a lecture capacity so I will begin with Coastal and Charleston.

Chapter Presidents, I urge you to try to attend our executive meetings if at all possible. I know our Saturday morning schedule can ruin a weekend. If you cannot make it please send a proxy or send me an email with current activities, comments and needs so that I may bring them to the attention of the Officers and Board. I want to reach out to the chapters. The meetings for 2012 will be Feb 11, March 24, APRIL 14 ANNUAL CONFERENCE, May 19, July 21, Sept 8 and Nov 17th. All of these meetings are open to any and all members. The meetings will be held in Room 108 Hamilton College, Department of Anthropology USC Columbia. The street address is 1512 Pendleton Street 29208. The building is locked so I need to know if you are coming so I can expect you and let you in. Enter the building from the north or east side ground floor.

Chapter Presidents and members, please send Chan Funk, our newsletter editor, your meeting dates, locations, speaker topics and news about what you do. Take some pictures and email them to Chan. His email is chanfunk@aol.com. I plan on submitting a President’s column each time to Chan. Don’t forget to update the ASSC website and Facebook pages too.

My concerns for 2012 include boosting membership, reconnecting with other archaeological organizations in the state, increasing attendance at our two signature events—Annual Conference on SC Archaeology and Fall Field Day and meeting our stated mission.

Please contact me with concerns, comments and ideas. My email is judge@sc.edu.

Chris Judge

No comments:

Post a Comment